Russian National Orchestra with Mikhail Pletnev and Lucas Debargue
Concert 1: Shostakovich
Abu Dhabi Classics presents the Russian National Orchestra live at the Cultural Foundation, Abu Dhabi, on Thursday 10 October 2019.
Recognised as the leading ambassador of Russian Music to Abu Dhabi, the Russian National Orchestra has a global reputation for its brilliant interpretations of Russian classical music, including the great symphonies and concertos by Shostakovich and Tchaikovsky. Under the baton of the legendary conductor, Grammy Award and European Cultural Award Winner Mikhail Pletnev, the orchestra will play a programme dedicated to Russian composers of the 19th and 20th Century. They will be joined on stage by the revelation of the 15th Tchaikovsky Piano Competition, and the young French classical pianist, Lucas Debargue.
Vladislav Lavrik, known as Russia’s finest trumpeter and the Russian National Orchestra will perform Shostakovich’s Concerto in C minor for Piano, Trumpet, and String Orchestra. Written in 1933, Shostakovich’s double concerto ranks among the most technically challenging classical music pieces ever composed and represents one of the Masterpieces of early 20th century classical music.
Doors Open: 7pm
Show Starts: 8pm
Ticketmaster and Virgin Megastores are the only authorized sellers for this event.
Diamond: AED 450
Reserved seating, closest to the stage.
Platinum: AED 335
Reserved seating, behind Diamond.
Gold: AED 220
Reserved seating, behind Platinum.
Gold (Students): AED 55
Reserved seating in Gold.
Limited number of student tickets available.
Student identification must be produced upon entry.
Over 8 years old only event.
Conditions of Entry
• No admission to the venue will be granted once the show has commenced.
• Late-comers entry is only permitted during the intermission.
• Over 8 years old only event.
• Formal or Business Attire/National Dress.
• No professional cameras, audio or video recorders allowed within the venue.
• Smartphones, mobile phones and any other electronic devices must be switched off during the performance.
• No video or audio recordings of the performance are permitted.