Join Benedicte Alice Kapur on this 4 part series where you will deepen your knowledge and understanding of the foundations of Yoga. Yoga goes far beyond our practices on the yoga mat, its a scientific system of physical and mental practices that originated in India around 5000 years ago.
In this course you will be introduced to the history of Yoga, gain understanding of the fundamental and underlying principles of yoga, learn & experience basic yoga poses and flows, breathing techniques, meditation and Yoga Nidra.
This course is open for anyone! Perfect for you if you are completely new to yoga, or maybe you already have a practice and you wish to go deeper into the foundations and the theory beyond the practice on the mat.
THIS COURSE IS 50 / 50 THEORY AND PRACTICE
What you will learn:
· history, background and benefits of yoga
· introduction to different approaches to yoga and different yoga styles
· foundational and most common yoga postures and understanding the six categories of poses and their effects
· basic yoga breathing methods and linking breath with movement
· ‘flow’ sequences and Sun Salutations
· relaxation techniques
· basic meditation and yoga nidra
What you will receive:
· A gentle, systematic and safe introduction to yoga and it’s foundation
· 4 lessons which are of a 75 minute duration each.
· Easy and accessible yoga practices. Modifications and alternate practices given as needed (for instance if injury or limitation is a factor)
How to prepare yourself:
· Roll out your yoga mat in your sacred quiet space
· We'll be moving, stretching, sitting and lying down so wear comfortable clothes
· Once registered, you will be emailed a unique link to log into to the class via Zoom
May 31 & June 1, 2, 3