Facilitated By: Gayle Thomas
8 Fridays (October 16th, 23rd, 30th, November 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th & December 4th
11am-1pm (UAE Timing) 7am-9pm (GMT)
Investment: AED 1400/ (+ 5 %VAT)
For more information please email us at email@example.com OR call 04 4487043 OR WhatsApp on +971 50 712 5141.
For more info visit: https://illuminations.ae/.../online.../edate/2020-10-16
Looking forward to seeing you!!
ABOUT THE TRAINING:
Meditation and mindfulness can transform your life for the better. This course is designed for those who would like to learn and experience a range of different meditation styles. Led by an experienced teacher in a supportive group. This course is over 8 Tuesdays. Each participant will learn the confidence and skills to meditate on their own and to establish their own home practice where they can develop their faculties with ease and over time. In this time of rapid change now more than ever, these skills are important to develop, so that one can listen more intuitively to their own inner wisdom. You will be guided in your experience and technique and have the chance to interact, troubleshoot and share your experiences, as you learn and move through the range of styles. Plus receive one-to-one review sessions with the teacher.
About the Course:
You’ll receive a thorough introduction to eight powerful practices, in more depth than is possible in drop-in classes. There will be taught and guided meditations, accompanied by instruction in the underlying principles, and interactive time with the class for questions and discussion. You’ll also receive a one-to-one personal review and troubleshoot sessions with the teacher. Covering basics like posture and techniques for working with your mind, plus a variety of breathing techniques to use independently or as a preparation for mindfulness and meditation. The course sets you up to carry on practising after the course at home or at work, and is an excellent preparation for the “Going Deeper” meditation course. You don’t have to be a Religious to practice mindfulness or meditate to do this course. You’ll be asked to keep a small journal to record your experiences after your personal meditations so you can chart your progress and receive guidance on questions as and when they arise.
• You’ll be able to use these practical skills immediately in your own life to include meditation and
mindfulness in your routine or whenever you need.
• You’ll be better equipped to manage day to day stresses and problems as they arise with a
degree of equanimity.
• Physical relaxation and better body awareness, with all of the health benefits that can bring with
a relaxed nervous system you’ll have a better immune response.
• A sense of ease and spaciousness in daily life.
• Greater clarity of thinking and ability to concentrate a sense of perspective, leading to better
judgement and more effective decision-making
• Greater emotional positivity and robustness, with benefits to relationships of all kinds.
• Greater receptivity to the beauty, interest and meaning in life.
• Greater sensitivity to your own intuition and better able to listen to inner guidance.
• The benefits of better quality breathing have super physiological effects on the body and its
nervous system with enhanced capabilities to renew and heal itself.
Key Learning Points:
• Understand what is meditation and mindfulnes, how they differ and how they benefit, physically,
psychologically and spiritually.
• Using good posture and adapting your home and lifestyle for continued mindfulness & meditation
• Understand intuition Vs intellect.
• Develop intuition and your inner guidance system
• 8 mindfulness meditation practices, which involve using the breath and body as a focus for being
aware of our experience in the present moment;
• Understanding the physiology of stress and how to self-regulate your moods, so that you are
better able to pause in challenging situations and manage your responses more effectively.
• Recognising the patterns of worrying and self-criticism that often generate more stress; and
learning to relate to ourselves with a more accepting and kind stance.
• Learning to have more mindful, and thus meaningful, communication, connections and
• Developing practical self-care tools to help us thrive, perform at our best, and build resilience and
have improved sleep.
• You will learn a variety of valuable breathing techniques to use independently for calm and
relaxation and/or as vehicles to lead you into deeper meditation and mindfulness states.
Who Should Attend:
• Both beginners and intermediate experience people welcome.
• People that wish to have meditation and mindfulness be a permanent part of their life.
• Want to be rid of stress and anxiety
• Have a desire to improve yourself
• Want a more loving, centered approach to yourself and life
• Be willing to practice mindfulness meditation – be it for a few moments or many hours