Let's have fun with a custom paint challenge on Bandai Spirit's new 1/144 Entry Grade RX-78-2 Gundam model kit, celebrating the 40th Anniversary of Gunpla! 😃
𝗢𝗻𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗥𝗲𝗴𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗻.
- Only limited to Entry Grade RX-78-2 Gundam model kit only.
- Up to 3 entries can be submitted per person.
- In the event of multiple entries running for a winning spot, only the highest scoring entry will be considered per person.
- Any form of custom painting is allowed. (Airbrushing, Hand painting, or Spraycans)
- Dioramas are not allowed, but action bases/stands can be used.
- This is a custom paint challenge where judging is based on painting, visuals, detailing, image quality, concept, & presentation
- The competition is open to everyone 𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆.
- No modifications of any type.
- Model cannot be altered in any way (no scribing or custom parts) besides removing nubs and seam line treatment.
- Panel lining & custom decals are allowed.
1. Basics - 20%
* This covers basic assembly skills where the modeler tackles the basic technical aspects.
a) How clean the kit was built in terms of nubs, seam lines, and mold line removal.
b) Proper pre-paint preparation.
c) How gaps are treated and no unnecessary parts misalignment.
2. Painting - 40%
* Tackles the painting criteria as follows:
a) Quality of paint application. Irregularities in the finish.
b) Clean separation in between 2 colors or in terms of masking procedure. (are there any paint bleeds or unacceptable color overlaps.)
c) Absence of orange peel, paint overspray, and brush streaks.
d) Painting style or techniques used.
e) Color combination, concept scheme, and completeness/paint coverage
3. Detailing - 20%
* This will focus on how detailing is executed all throughout the build in relation to the general concept.
a) Paint detailing that covers shading, panel lining, and highlighting the details of the Kit and usage of other mediums in painting only.
b) Weathering techniques and Applications/execution (if the concept is a weathered build)
c) Proper decal application (if used)
d) Painting concept that takes a simple OOTB to another level with just the use of paints in addition to the proper execution of the painting.
Presentation - 20%
a) Overall concept or final presentation.
b) General appearance of the build (a builds visual impact varies in distance, It has to be noted that
from afar or first glance a build may look ugly and odd, but it can be more appreciated up close
due to detailing and proper basics and build execution)
c) Image Quality submitted will play a big factor. - Proper high definition photos are a requirement.
𝗧𝗲𝗿𝗺𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀:
- Otaku ME will thoroughly cover the event by video and photography and shall reserve the rights to use the videos and images for future Otaku ME related campaigns in publications, media, and social media.
- All entries must be free from derogatory, defamatory, culturally insensitive symbols and messaging and explicit material.
- No intellectual properties or related items (such as logos or brands) are allowed on entries.
-Entries must be completed and submitted only by the participant. No proxies are allowed and WIP (Work in progress) photos may be asked for.